Tuesday, December 15, 2020

December 15, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Christmas Music.

This evening I enjoyed a Christmas concert from Nashville's Belmont University SchooM of music and Performance. I had never heard about the school but I will tell that those students are talented in every way posible musically. The concert was actually from 2019 but I missed it last year. I will be watching carefully to see if they give a cincert this year but it is my guess the answer would be no. I heard everything from jazz to traditional music and everything inbetween. But no country music. The concert was wonderful. And I knew nothing about the University until tonight. Also this evening I watched an hour program given by American Pops Orchestra, with headquarters in Washington, DC. I knew nothing about them either. They were only founded in 2015 but they are good. They featured Ella Fitzgerald"s 1960 Christmas album which is still popular today. So I got to hear a bit of Ella along with several modern artists who also were excellent. The concert was held in the Meridian Building in DC with a small audiance. The music was great. And finally, last evening I watched the 2020 Christmas concert from the Mormon Tabernacle in Salt Lake City. I was watching for the new concert but thought it might be cancelled. I do not know how they pulled it off but they did, complete with a building full of people. The concert was better than ever and I loved every minute of it. Their productions have always been well done but this years was even better, with a full hour of singing by soloists and choir along with the orchestra. Christmas music on TV is wonderful but you must look hard to find the right time and place. For the past two days, I have been a happy camper with my fill of Christmas music. So even though I will miss concerts this year, I am grateful to hear this great mucic on TV.

No comments: