Wednesday, December 2, 2020

December 2, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Sleeping.

Today I met with Dr. Sheehan, my Oncologist. We decided to wait until I return from Mexico before having another scan. If we do a scan just before I leave, not much could be done before I leave so we are deciding to hope for the best and assume the radiation has erased the growing cancer. Our main topic of conversation was my sleeping patterns. Since beginning radiation, I am unable to sleep, which for me is unusual. So I was prescribed sleeping pills. If I take two, an hour before I go to bed, I sleep. But next morning I feel as if I had a hangover. My legs are shaky and I do not function well. By mid afternoon I begin to feel better. So I have tried gummy bears, which were prescribed to David after his prostate cancewr surgery. He sent them to me by over night courier. I have tried them twice with poor results. I feel even worse the next morning. My neighbor uses Alive PM but they did not work. So now, Dr. S. has prescribed a potent potion. Kashina says that I must take it just before going to bed, while sitting on the bed. She said that you go to sleep immediately. And Dr.S. said I must stay in bed for 8 hours. Seems nasty. Being always optimistic, I assume the effects of the radiation will disappear soon and I can return to proper sleep. But how long oh Lord. How long?

No comments: