Monday, November 1, 2021

November 1, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Habits.

I have been taking the same medications since I had the stroke and lost my words. That was a long time ago. I have a box for the morning meds and another for the evening. To keep them straight, my evening meds are in a blue box. I take the pills first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Just last week when taking my evening pills,, I noticed that my morning container for the day was still closed. In other words, my carefully cultivated habit of taking my pills first thing in the morning let me down. I had not taken my required medication that morning. Habits are helpful but every so often those habits let me down. And I have no reason why. Last evening I had a similar experience. Christina drove me home. It was late. I immediately took my evening meds. And then turned on the baseball game which was just beginning the 8th inning. Much to my pleasure, the Astros were ahead. I watched to the end of the game, took my Ibrance and crackers and promptly went to bed. Since I turned 70, I have been writing my little blog late every evening. But last night I forgot., which has only happened once or twice in the past. Unfortunately, I did not fall asleep so at 2:30, as I was reviewing the events of my evening to try to figure out why I was still awake, it dawned on me that I had forgotten my habit to go to the computer to write my wee web log. So I got up and went to the computer and completed the task. Habits are useful but last evening my good habit let me down. And I have no idea why. Interesting.

No comments: