Friday, November 26, 2021

November 26, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Thanksgiving Day Activities.

In years past, we always went to the farm and as we had no television, we watched no football. Since we now live in Mississippi, our Thanksgiving day activities never change. First I watch the Macy's parade while I eat breakfast. If dinner is later, I always look at at least part of the dog show. And the rest of the day I eat dinner and watch football. I watch very little football these days but on Thanksgiving, it seems unpatriotic not to watch football. It is such an American thing to do. I enjoy being a couch potato for one day a year. One year when the boys were in junior high school and we were staying in town for Thanksgiving, they were invited to play in a turkey bowl, hosted by their friend Billy. It was one of their family tradition to host a turkey bowl. The father had one as a kid so Billy kept the tradition. David and Andrew had been invited before but we were always out of town but this one year, they went to play. But they were never invited again. They were laughing and happy when I picked them up because their team won. Billy's team did not win. David and Andrew ended up on the same team and as they were both tall boys, their team had the advantage when catching the ball. Over the years, they laughed about the game every Thanksgiving day. Now, I do not need to wonder what I will do on Thanksgiving day. I dine with my family and I watch television. Some good.

No comments: