Wednesday, November 3, 2021

November 3, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Brunch.

I am never sure if doing the same thing each week constitutes a rut. If so, we are in a rut. Every Sunday, Christina and the girls meet me for brunch. Sometimes the older girls are not able to join us. Kate works night so if the is working Saturday and Sunday nights, she must sleep. And Mary Frances works at a coffee shop close to her dorm so sometimes she can't come. But we always enjoy our brunch with Molly, Christina me. The conversation changes depending who is at the table but brunch is always enjoyable. Ken and I started the routine the first time we visited Mississippi. And we have never stopped so I guess we are in a rut. But it is a pleasant rut. For instance, last Sunday we selected Sal&Phils because we wanted to have oysters. We always select the restaurant during the week. I got there first and ordered oysters on the half shell. Just as the oysters appeared, Christina and Molly appeared so we downed those oysters quickly. They were big and juisy and delicious. We all three ordered red snapper. Our meal was wonderful and we enjoyed discussing things important to an eighth grade student. Every Sunday we go to a different restaurant. And we ususlly meet at 11:15. Kashina has taken to dropping me off, then going on to her own home. Her eating patterns mosly do not include the food we like to eat. She enjoys the company of the girls but mostly she does not like the food. Our routine with brunch is a splendid idea. This coming Sunday perhaps we will eat Thai food. We know just the right place. But no matter where we will go, I know we will have a good time. Everyone enjoys our Sunday brunch, especially me.

No comments: