Wednesday, November 10, 2021

November 10, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Doing Better.

I am determined to do better this time. The first time I had radiation years ago I did fine. I worked every day so had many distractions. The only thing I did was to put a cot in the bathroom so I could rest if necessary. I breezed through. Last year when I was required to have radiation I thought it would be the same, but it wasn't. I did not do well. My stomach hurt. I was nauseated much of the time. I was pretty miserable and actually had to cancel a couple of lunches. This time, I thought a lot about what happened and I have made some plans. This is my plan. I will rest more during the day. This morning after my first treatment I lay down for an hour before lunch. And I took an hours rest in the middle of the afternoon. I will continue my walking and exercises, no matter what. And I am organizing distractions. I am taking an outing with Chris on Monday and I am having lunch with friend Lisa next Thursday. Tomorrow I am having lunch with my neighbor Donna. I am starting to work on my Christmas cards. Kashina will work every morning of the work week and will drive me to every radiation and also help me at home. She rememberes that last year, I ate a lot of chicken broth and chicken and rice soup. She will be sure to keep nourishing food in the fridge all ready to eat. So far, my plan has worked. I have completed treatment one with nine to go. I am all set to do well. So here we go... Now I will see how if it all works as planned.

No comments: