Friday, November 19, 2021

November 19, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Threes.

All my life i have been told that bad things come in three. I have no idea if this is merely superstition but over the years when I hear about two people dying, someone always says that you will soon hear of a third. Mostly it seems to be the case. This week, I was told of three good friends who had trouble and I immediately said to myself that no other friends would have trouble because now I have had three. And I laughed. These troubles did not occur at the same time but I heard about them on the same day, so I counted the three together. My friend Freddie broke his leg in Switzerland. He was parking his motorcycle and it tipped pinning his leg against the lamp post and crushing his leg. He spent 6 weeks in the hospital and six weeks in their apartment in Switzerland. Finally they returned just last weekend to Maryland. He will gain leg strength before they drive to Florida for the winter. My friend Pat fell in her home and broke her leg so she ended up in the hospital. Just today she has gone home which pleased her. Now she must also gain strength. And she must try to never fall again. My friend Marg had a stroke. She was in the same hospital as Pat in Barrie. In fact for a couple of days they were in adjacent rooms. When the nurse learned that Pat and Marg had known each other since kindergarten she moved their beds into the hall so they could eat dinner together. Marg has also now at home and is doing well. Recovery after a stroke takes time. It must be my age that three good friends had recent troubles. Fortunately, all three friends are doing well. Whew.

No comments: