Sunday, November 14, 2021

November 14, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Bragging vs Truth.

My Mother always said that if what happened was true, it was not bragging, it was just atating a fact. So I am not bragging about Mary Frances. I am just stating the facts. Today we celebrated. On Thursday, Mary Frances successfully defended her senior honors thesis. Not only did she pass, but she received a 100 points. She was thrilled. And exhausted. Mary Frances is an English major. The honors program required her to do it in two parts. Half was research and the other half was original writing dealing with her topic. Her topic was Paradise Lost and Frankenstein. Evidently she compared and contrasted the writers attitide on women. Now who ever thought about that in those books? We celebrated at Saltines. Last week Mary Frances could not come to brunch because she was working on her thesis. But today her thesis is behind her...and she is thrilled. So we drank Samosis. In addition, Molly was accepted at Jackson Prep, the same school attended by Mary Frances. In order to be accepted, the prospective student must take an adnission test, which Molly did not enjoy. So she was a bit anxious. She is also concerned about the school because Mary Frances had such a stellar record that she is fearful they will expect her to meet the same standard. Christina and I assured her to just be Molly, and do the best you can. Very few students could ever keep up the standars set by Mary Frances. Once again in her academic program, Mary Frances has passed the test with a perfect score. I am so pleased for her..but I am not bragging. I am merely stating the facts. But the best part of Mary Frances as far as I am concerned is that she loves her Grandmother. And for that I am grateful.

No comments: