Friday, November 12, 2021

November 12, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Marilyn & Tuppen.

Marilyn & Tuppen have come to visit. They live in Houston. On the way they stopped in Baton Rough to visit friends. They arrived here juat around 1:00. First they ate lunch of rotissery chicken, tomatoes and cucumber. And Marilyn drank a cup of coffee. They sat at the breakfast table while I sat in my corner chair. And we talked. We have been talking ever since. We had a lot of catching up to do. The last time I saw them was when they visited me at the lake house this Spring. Our arrangement works out well. Tuppen is thin and fit so is a very helpful person to be with. She is the only one of us who has excellent mobility so she is the one who brings us wine and takes the dishes to the kitchen. She brings both of their belongings into the house and takes everything down to the guest room. And when we went out to dinner I held her arm. Marilyn walks with either a cane or a walker. So Tuppen is a huge help. We decided to go out to dinner and I suggested Amerigo but when we arrived they had a waiting list so we went to Sal&Phils which we all decided was a superior choice. It was not crowded and our meals were great New Orleons food. Delicious. We all three met in Galveston. This evening we tried to figure out how we got to be friends in 1967,68 and 69. We never did figure out how we got together but we did. And we have been friends ever since. I always enjoy talking with my old friends and I am delighted they have come to visit me. Tuppen still works full time as a phsical therapist but we all agreed that we were slowing down. But we are still walking and talking and making plans. And we are still pleased to be together.

No comments: