Monday, November 29, 2021

November 29, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Dangerous Living.

I knew it would happen and today it did. Every day I do something dangerous. And every day I come out unscathed, until today. I keep a large glass of water beside every chair. With my shaking hands, that is living dangerously because at any moment I could knock over the water. In addition, I drink my orange drink in the TV room. If that glass tips over I would have a big mess on my hands. So far, I have been extremely careful and have not spilled a drop. I also often drink a glass of milk with lunch. That too would be a mess if I spilled. But until today, all was well. I ate lunch watching my travel programs with a full glass of water on the table beside me. At 2:00, after the second program ended, I jumpd up and hit the full glass. I had sent the big glass flying with water everywhere in sight. My first thought was gratitude that I spilled only water. My second thought was how to sop up the water. My vision is terrible so just finding the water on the floor is difficult. In addition my pants and the chair were soaking. But I figured it out. I used a large bath towel to put on the floor to mop up the water. And I used a thick hand towel to wipe up the table and the rest of the water on the floor, at least the water I could see. Next I took a nap in Ken's leather recliner chair, and covered myself with a quilt to keep me warm. I figured out that over time I would dry, and I did. The towels are draped over the bathtub to dry. By tomorrow, all the water will be dry. But I was fortunate that I spilled water and not my orange drink or milk. Some days you just get lucky even when I live dangerously every day.

No comments: