Friday, November 5, 2021

November 5, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Timing.

Some days I just get lucky. Yesterday and today my timing was perfect. Yesterday my Lyft driver Chris, brought me home from meeting the head of radiology. We pulled in my driveway just after 3:30. On the way in, I had spotted a UPS truck and I wondered if packages had been left at my front door. Sure enough, two large styroform boxes are at my door along with a small cardboard box. I knew exactly what was in those two big boxes. Frozen vegetables. Immediately I knew I would have difficulty getting them into the house. Christ saved the day and took the boxes one by one into the house and up on the bar. Whew. Problem solved. Today, as I was walking up the walkway after getting out of Linda's car, a young man spoke to be from behind me. He starlted me but when I turned, I could see his Fed Ex truck. And I could see that he was holding a stack of boxes. I quickly opened the door and he kindly took all the boxes on the bar, which fortunately was empty. So once again I did not need to carry all those boxes into the house. Lifting heavy boxes from the ground level is not easy for me. Sometimes it is impossible. Just opening the boxes and sorthing things out is hard enough, but for two days in a row, I had help. And for that I was grateful. Timing is everything.

No comments: