Thursday, November 11, 2021

November 11, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Christmas Lights.

My outside Christmas lights were installed yesterday. I am like a child in a candy store. Every time I look at them I smile. I know it is early but the lights are all white so they kind of look like ordinary lights. And I am leaving on December 15 to spend Christmas with my family in Ontario, so I wanted them up early. I got my wish. They come on automatically at 5:30 and go off at midnight so all evening, I see them from inside the house. And I like them. Ken loved outside Christmas lights. He installed them early. And every year, after Christmas, he bought more outside lights when they were on sale. Our houses were always decorated to the hilt. Sometimes they were a bit garish but Ken did not mind. The more the merrier in his mind. This home in Mississippi was the first house Ken did not install the exterior lights. Even in the condo he spread lights outside on our little patio. But by the time we moved into this house, he was unable to install any exterior lights. And it made him feel bad. Bradley installed out regulat outside lights. When we moved in, no outside lights worked. There were wires and lights everywhere, but nothing worked. So we hired Bradley, a nie young man who specializes in exterior lighting. And he did a good job. When he stopped by, I casually asked if he did anything with holiday lights. He laughed and said that he has a separate company to install Christmas lights. So I hired him on the spot. And I also asked him to put up holiday lights for Christina. He uses his own lights. He sets them up and removes them and stores them for the rest of the year. When Suzanne heard of the gift of the light instalation for Christmas she thought it a great gift, so I found a company in San Antonio to install their lights too. It is a nice gift to the families and they appreciate it. But no one appreciates the installations more than me. Ken wa delighted when the lights went up here at our Mississippi home. I like them too.

No comments: