Sunday, November 7, 2021

November 7, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Excursions and Chris.

Ken and I had many drives into the country where we took the roads less traveled and poked around to see what we could find. We did this everywhere we lived. And we enjoyed every one even when we did not come upon interesting things. We always found places for lunch. In Mississippi, the smaller highways are excellent and the towns are charming, so Mississippi is a great place to wander around. But now Ken has gone. When Kashina started to help me, I asked her to take me on excursions. She is an excellent driver. And I had a book telling places to visit. We took several outings but her idea of an excursion is to drive the interstate highways to see something specific, then come home immediately using the shortest way. She will do anything to help me but her anxiety is high meandering around in the country. So I gave up. Also she asked to work three short days, which eliminated excursions into the country. Chris, my Lyft driver, helped me into the Mills house for the Halloween party. I introduced him to Eleanor when she came outside to greet me. Later in the evening, she asked if I had taken recent excursions with Kashina and I told her my problem. She asked if Chris would be interested which I thought was a good idea. So the next time he drove for me I asked him. I was delighted with his response. And he even came up with two or three places I would enjoy. Now I am waiting to find my radiology schedule and then we will make a date for our country excursions. My friend David N. in Nova Scotia was a perfect person to take me out because he also enjoys driving on the roads less travelled. Now I find out that Chris does too. I am very excited with the prospect of getting out into the Mississippi countryside and just poke around. We have not yet figured out how to compensate him but I am sure we will. Chris is a good driver and is willing to hit the road with me. Whoopee.

No comments: