Thursday, November 18, 2021

November 18, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Guest Rooms.

Years ago when we lived on Franklin Street in Chevy Chase View in Maryland, we had a lot of company. Our guest room was on the lower level, but above ground. The pool was just outside. Before guests were coming, I checked the space to be sure that all was in order. Then I read an article about guest rooms, which said that everyone should sleep overnight in their guest room and shower too just to be sure that everything was comfortable for guests. Ken thought it a good idea but I said it was a waste of time. But Ken prevailed and we slept overnight in our guest room. Much to my great surprise, I discovered deficiencies. The shower curtain had two broken hooks. The lamp beside the couch was not plugged in and one bedside lamp had no bulb. I certainly was wrong. I should have used that system here in Mississippi. After company left this past weekend, I now have a new higher toilet sitting ready to be installed. The old toilet was so low that a normal person struggled to get up, let alone my older friends. The sink is no longer attached to the wall so it will be fixed. And no lights worked in Ken's office. No problem during the day time because there are windows all across the side but at night, the only lights that worked were in the bathroom. So that too will be fixed. My guests had to put up with inferior accomodations. The next time they come, all will be well. No one had mentioned these things in the past, but fortunately, my friends spoke up. Repairs will be made, but a little too late. The next guests will find the guest room better. And that is all that matters.

No comments: