Thursday, November 4, 2021

November 4, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. The Surprise Prayer.

This morning at 9:15, Chantes, the handyman called to say that he was at my house. His son was on the way with the ovens. I was pleased and while we waited we sat in the living room and chatted. Chantes has been our handyman since we moved in, Spring, 2015. He has become one of the family. Or rather, I have become part of his family. His son Michael works with Chantes, along with Michaels wife. I know that Chantes is a good Christian and works at the church. Michael is overtly Christian and is sometimes a lay minister at their church. I like them both and they like me. Chantes ordered the ovens four weeks ago, to be delivered in two weeks but now at four weeks they have arrived. We are all pleased. They will install the ovens on Monday. When Michael arrived, Chantes and I had been talking about my prospective radiology treatments, so when Michael came into the living room, he asked about it. So I told him. By then both men and the daughter in law were standing while I was sitting on the couch, still wearing my night shirt. When Michael heard that the cancer had returned to my bones, he immediately said,"This is a need for prayer. Let us bow our heads." And he immediately said a prayer for me, right then and there. And not a short prayer either. He spoke a beautiful prayer and I thanked him. But after the ovens were left in the garage and they left, I thought about the fact that for the first time in my life, I had my handyman and his crew say a special prayer for me in my own home. We had just held our own little prayer meeting. I must admit that it was a big surprise.

No comments: