Monday, November 22, 2021

November 22, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Christmas Cards.

I know many folks no longer send Christmas cards. But that would not be me. I enjoy receiving cards. I have a pattern which makes no sense. First I look at the envelope to guess where it comes from. Return labels makes it easy. But I also look at the stamp and the official stamp from the post office it was mailed. Then I open the card and read the pictures. Finally I look at the name. I especially like the notes and the family pictures. Every card takes me at least 5 minutes to enjoy before picking up the next card. If I am in a rush, I just do nothing with the cards and wait until a quieter time. Kashina wants to help with my cards which I am working on right now. As I leave on December 15 I must get busy. She has already put on the address labels and she wants to stuff the envelopes. But I write a note on every card and as I am still addressing envelopes I am not ready for the cards. I think I will ask her to read the adresses to me from my list. My vision is difficult so perhaps she can help. I love reading the notes people send so I think I should return the favor. I am not in love with long letters included with the Christmas card, the ones who give me way more information than I need. I like the notes to be short and hand written with just the main details of the past year. I have just re-read all the cards from Christmas 2020. And I enjoyed them every one. And I know I will enjoy receiving the cards from Christmas 2021. I hope my friends enjoy my cards and notes too. But first I must buckle down and write those cards. I am trying.

No comments: