Saturday, November 27, 2021

November 27, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. The Modern World.

"The good old days",is a term you hear all the time. I see videos of life in the 50s, as if everything was better before the inventions of cell phones and social media outlets. But I am not buying it. We live better lives now than any one has ever lived. Even Kings and Queens did not enjoy the comforts that we take for granted. Texting is the most useful tool. I noticed this year that many of my friends have moved. They are of the age when they are moving into retirement homes. I know they have moved but I do not know the new addresses. I could call them. Or I could wait to receive their Christmas cards with their new address. What I did was text asking for the new adress. And boom. Immediately I have all my cards addressed. The whole thing took me twenty minutes. It was then I decided I live in a pretty good world. Texting alone is a bonanza. Christina and I text all the time when we need decisions. It is faster than using the phone. I ask a question and she texts me back immediately. No fuss no muss. Problem solved. I know we have problems in our world in North America but there is nothing we can not solve. For my money, I will take the modern world over any other period of my life. Even the cars are better. And of course the communication. I may sound like a Pollyanna, but I like life today. And that is my story today.

No comments: