Saturday, November 13, 2021

November 13, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Winter.

At night, winter comes to Mississippi. Tonight the temperature will drop to 36, which is as cold as it usually gets. During the day, the weather is perfect, with temperatures in the high 60s and the sun shining the whole day. But at night I feel pleased that I switched to heat on the thermostats. I feel as if winter has arrived because for the first time this year I put on my evening attire. I look quite a sight. I wear thick wool socks that come to my knees. And I put on the large flannel plaid nightshirt that Ken purchased many years ago. He bought 2 but he never wore them. They were too hot so they were left in his drawer. I took them over after he died and I wear them in the evening when I am watching TV. I keep the thermostat in the bedroom lower than the main house. As my TV room is adjacent to the bedroom, the room is chilly so I don my big flanned night shirt and heavy socks and stay warm and cosy. But I must look ridiculous. I never wear Ken's plaid flannel nightshirt to bed. It is too hot. But I use them as my evening gown. Just calling them my evening gown makes me feel special even though I look odd. Now I know for sure that Winter has come to Mississippi because I am now wearing my evening gown. Nifty.

No comments: