Tuesday, November 2, 2021

November 2, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Radiation.

On Thursday I have a meeting with the head of radiology at the Baptist Hospital Cancer center. And they will do a mock up as to what will be done. Yesterday I met with Dr. Sheehan, my Oncologist, and she recommends radiation. The bone scan showed a lesion on my sternum plus another spot on my back rib. I Ibrance does not seem to be making them go away so she suggests radiation. It worked last time so we hope it will work again. The last time I had radiation was not so easy for me. I was not expecting to have difficulty. I assumed that I would get tired so I was not ready for an upset stomach and other side efects. This time I will be better prepared. And I will probably get more rest. I will find out my routine on Thursday. Last time I had two weeks of treatment every day except Sunday and Saturday and I expect it will be the same. But no matter what, I will soldier on. I am not prepared to give up. So here we go.

No comments: