Tuesday, November 16, 2021

November 16, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. A Comedy of Errors.

The ovens were not working so when I returned from Nova Scotia, Chantes came to measue, then went to buy the ovens at Lowes. Our system has been for the cahier to call me when Chantes is checking out and I would give them my credit card number. We had used this system many times in the past with no trouble. I used American Express and the charge was denied because the computer thought I was still away. I used my Chase card with no trouble. When I called Am.Ex. they explained the issus and after my explanation, they said they would approve the charge. Of course it had already been paid. They also told me they would send me a new card with a new number, which they did. Within an hour of using my Chase card, someone tried to buy something in Target. The Chase folks called me and denied the charge. So they sent my a new card. The next day someone tried to pay their AT&T bill, which was denied because by then I had a new number. The same day, my AmEx card number was used to buy something at a fashion place. After all this, Chantes and I decided that we could not use our old system to buy supplies. In place, I would write a cheque for the correct amount so he could pay the bill. The ovens took four weeks to arrive. When Chantes and Michael went to install them, they discovered that the ovens were too wide. Chantes measured correctly and ordered properly but the ovens that arrived had to be returned. Lowes were not able to obtain the proper size for months. Chantes ordered the correct size at Home Depot and he came by with the bill. I wrote him a cheque but Home Depot rejected it. I have no idea why. This evening, Michael and I drove to Home Depot to pay for the ovens which are supposed to arrive in 10 days. At every step of this process, errors have occured so no telling what will happen next. I am hopeful that the ovens will arive in a timely fashion and that Chantes and Michael can get them installed. I am optimistic for no good reason except habit. Stay tuned.

No comments: