Saturday, November 6, 2021

November 6, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Treating Myself.

I got quite a lot accomplished today. I opened and organized the boxes that arrived yesterday. And I took the cardboard boxes to the recycle bin in the garage. And I took the containers that were full of frozen meat to the garage too, ready for Kashina to take them out on Wednesday for the trash collector. All that takes time and energy and I was pleased to be able to clear out the kitchen. For lunch I ate a bowl of soup but I noted that the fridge was empty of cooked food. For dinner, I was going to need to cook something. I have a freezer full of frozen cooked vegetables. And I have boxes of frozen meat from Omaha Steaks. But late this afternoon, while drinking my orange drink and watching a football game, I decided to treat myself. I just did not feel like cooking so I looked through a drawer holding advertisements from restaurants, expecting to find a Pizza place. But first I came upon the chinese restaurant that is closest to me. I called them to see if they would deliver. When she found out where I lived, she said YES. So I ordered. The food arrived in 20 minutes, which pleased me even though I would not be ready to eat for an hour. All evening I indulged myself. First I ate half of the hot and sour soup. After a hald an hour, I ate Kung Pow chicken with rice. I ate a third of that dish. And lastly, I ate the salad they sent. I had ordered a salad with shrimp but I left the whole box for another day. I figure I have enough food for two more days. All evening I enjoyed my food and complemented myself with every bite. My friend Butch always orders his meals from restaurants, but I do not. I heat the food from the fridge. But not tonight. I treated myself.

No comments: