Friday, May 1, 2015

May 1, 2015. San Antonio, Texas. Their House.

Usually we don't stay with them, but last night and tonight, Ken and I are staying with David and Suzanne and the girls. Normally we drive back to the lake for the night, but I am not at my best so Suzanne D. suggested we limit our driving. Today we enjoyed ourselves being lazy. I took three different naps and enjoyed every one. Suzanne R. spent the morning walking the Riverwalk, after staying the night at an airport hotel. Now she is safely back in DC. Her assistance to us was invaluable. Plus we had a good time driving from Mississippi to Texas. The weather has been perfect. Ken sat outside this afternoon and after the girls came home from work I went for a walk with Allison around the circle. Tonight, Abigail is attending a party and a friend has come to get dressed together as her parents are out. David brought barbecue for dinner and was delicious. Sarah is taking the SAT.test tomorrow so will stay home tonight and go to bed early. Suzanne D. is with four other ladies celebrating birthdays at a resort in Houston. The twins will be home tonight too. This is a busy family. Ken and I have enjoyed spending the day in their lovely home. David's roses are in full bloom and are glorious and his bees have been busy. Tomorrow Ken and I will drive to the ranch as next week we have doctor appointments on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Then we will rest. As we have said before, something good comes from everything. Staying in the home of David and Suzanne and the girls has definitely been a good thing. My brother just called to remind me that our sister Carol would have turned 80 today but she never made it. May 1st is her birthday. I miss her still.

No comments: