Tuesday, May 5, 2015

May 5, 2015. Fredericksburg, Texas. The Halt and The Lame.

Ken and I decided to avoid the drive back to the ranch today but to stay in one of the many motels for the night in Fredericksburg. We both had appointments with our Internist this afternoon and tomorrow I have an appointment with the new Oncologist in the morning. We have had a pleasant afternoon and evening. The Comfort Inn welcomed us with fresh baked cookies and bottles of water. Ken and I ate two cookies each. But I had to laugh when we arrived. We each brought our walker. We were quite a sight unloading the truck, and then using the walker to carry our stuff. Of course I wear my bright pink scrub hat which always attracts lots of looks. But we just kept our head up and said not a word to anyone. After a bit of a rest, we went out to an early dinner to Andy's, an old diner . Food was good and the waiter charming. Next on our list was a visit to the drug store. The Internist thinks I am using too much Iboprofin and Tylenol so he has given me a prescription for a pain killer that contains codine. And Ken has a long list of items from Walgreens too so after dinner we enjoyed the quiet of the drug store while we went down our lists. Now we are at our temporary home at The Comfort Inn, where we are watching the hockey game. And we will enjoy the neat and tidy room. Tomorrow we will be back at the ranch but tonight we are on vacation, even though we are part of the lame and the halt!!

No comments: