Wednesday, May 27, 2015

May 27, 2015. Harper, Texas. Simple Pleasures.

Every time I go up or down the stairs at the Top House it brings me pleasure. I stole the idea from Dave and Irene. When Dave was coming home after his surgery, Irene installed a second rail on their stairs, to allow Dave to go from one floor to another. They live in a lovely three story home so they installed the extra railing, and kept a walker on every floor. Problem solved. When we arrived at the ranch, I could see that using the stairs was dangerous for me, so Lorin, the builder, installed the second rail while we were at the lake. Now I feel secure going up and down. And I can move more quickly. Using stairs is a good form of exercise so I am pleased that I can use them safely. Another simple pleasure was my results at the doctor's appointment. We had a full day yesterday and I had driven from the lake, but by my appointment at 4:00 I was feeling good so I was joking with the nurse about how healthy I was looking. I had good color and energy, even after a full active day. As she was drawing blood, we speculated as to whether or not my blood counts were high enough to proceed with the new medications. We both agreed that they would be high enough and we were right. We both laughed. The numbers were not normal but were high enough to proceed with the Ibrance. Simple pleasure to get the numbers high enough to proceed with my treatment. My life has certainly changed when the pleasures of my life are the extra railing and the higher blood count. The good part of my life is that I do have many simple pleasures and for that I am grateful. The pleasures are just different!!

No comments: