Monday, May 25, 2015

May 25, 2015. Canyon Lake, Texas. Silence is Not Sweet.

The silence in the house is deafening, since David and Suzanne, Sarah, Abigail, Allison and Samantha have left the lake to return to San Antonio. It made me wish we had also headed up the highway for the ranch, where at least we are used to being alone and quiet. But we had a wonderful weekend, all together. At least, Ken and I did and everyone else seemed happy. I stationed myself in the main room where the kitchen, dining room and living room are all just one big room. One of the decks leads right from that room too so we moved from eating to watching to talking, all day long. Eventually, everyone comes to sit and chat with me as all the food is there. Normally, the lake is a busy place. The girls take excursions on the 2 jet ski's and they visit friends to play basketball. But this weekend, the jet boats could only be used on Saturday morning and a bit of Sunday afternoon. Today the lake was closed. This was a wonderful weekend for sleeping in and reading and talking, which was perfect for me. Suzanne brought all the food for the weekend while I did nothing, except for peaches from Stonewall. Suzanne made several batches of the peaches, in the freezer, all ready to make peach cobbler. Ken and I enjoyed our weekend at the lake with our Texas family. All of them are energetic, spirited and helpful. It was a great pleasure to spend the weekend with them. Tomorrow morning we return to Fredericksburg. Both Ken and I have yet more doctor appointments but we return refreshed in body and mind.

No comments: