Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4, 2015. Harper, Texas. The Doctors.

One appointment always leads to another. Ken met Dr. Stotz this morning and by the time we left, Ken had appointments with an orthopedic doctor and an eye doctor, while I made an hour's appointment with the Neurologist, the same Dr. Stotz who looked after me when I lost my words. He thinks that the Oncologists know much about the disease but little about the side effects, so he wishes to evaluate me to see what can be done with my stability and balance. He could see clearly that I was not at my best so he wants to try and help. These appointments are like rabbits in that they just grow and multiply. We will stay at the ranch all of May and not return to the lake or to San Antonio as we normally would do. Too much driving right now. The appointment today was at 10:00 but when we arrived at his office Ken noted the sign on the door that he had moved his office, so it turned out that we were late. After I walked using my walker, I sat on their porch in the fancy seat on my walker. While I sat and watched, a lady came by to tend the plants so we chatted. She was the wife of Dr. Stotz . I asked her all about their new office, which is lovely. The office is actually an old house that they restored and painted a light lilac with white trim. Inside they have 4 times the space of their old office, which is a good thing as their son is entering practice with the father. He has just completed his training and examinations. And they all live within walking distance from the office. So it was a happy conversation especially when a bird flew out of the fern when she was watering the plant. Evidently the bird has a nest in the fern. But the best part of the day was the wild flowers. They were everywhere. We even saw whole fields of bluebonnets. Amazing sight and certainly worth the drive into town.

No comments: