Saturday, May 9, 2015

May 9, 2015. Harper, Texas. Coffee.

This afternoon, Santa Claus walked through our door at the Top House. First came freezers full of food, followed by shopping bags of groceries. At the end was my Mother's Day gift. which was a single cup coffee maker. I was thrilled with everything, especially the fact that David had done all the shopping himself. We now have enough food to last our whole stay in Texas. Yesterday was the first day since I started my treatments that I was able to drink coffee. In Mexico, I tried to drink a small portion but eventually drank only tea. Every morning either Doreen or Rita would make me a cup of tea which I enjoyed so I have continues the practice, until yesterday and today. Having a new coffee maker will be perfect. The first evening in Mississippi, Wendy was getting organized for breakfast the next morning. We could find everything except coffee, which of course was not acceptable, as Wendy needs her morning coffee. I knew the coffee would be in a box marked pantry. Of course, she found the coffee in the very last box. During the search, we talked about drinking coffee. Both Wendy and I knew we were pregnant when we could not drink coffee. It was just sickening to us. And after the first treatment, I could not swallow coffee. Perhaps now that I have had two days of drinking at least a small amount of coffee it means I am getting better. Tea is not nauseating but coffee does. Interesting. Now I will enjoy my fancy single service coffee maker brought by David and give thanks for Santa Clause.

No comments: