Thursday, May 7, 2015

May 7, 2015. Harper, Texas. New Oncologist.

Yesterday I met my new Texas Oncologist. While sitting quietly in the waiting room, I was reassured with my choice. Selecting a new doctor is not easy, especially as I am using a brand new medication, so I was somewhat apprehensive, until the good folks in the waiting room began to sing the praises of Dr. DeLeon. Two groups were talking to each other. I could not see them but I was listening. One came from Boerne, just outside San Antonio. They interviewed the Cancer Center at the University of Texas in San Antonio. Evidently it is common to determine your choice of cancer centers. The San Antonio group asked where the patient was considering for treatment. When she said Dr. DeLeon in Fredericksburg they just laughed, and said that they tried very hard to get him to come to San Antonio but he would not leave Fredericksburg. The other folks were from Mason, which is further north in the Hill Country and who has their own Cancer Center. But they come to see and be treated by Dr. DeLeon. I liked him. He had obviously reviewed my history and treatment and was well aware of the new medication. He also told me that side effects seem to be accumulative which no Oncologist has ever told me. My blood work showed that my body is tolerating the new medicine but he will check my blood in a week to be sure. And we discussed my taking the medication with me to Canada as the drug is not yet approved. So the good doctor was everything I needed and wanted in my new Oncologist. This was a big relief. One of his nurses contacted me today to let me know that the medication I need will be sent to the office and I will pick it up to take with me to Canada. So he is not only well informed but also has an efficient staff. Once again, I have been fortunate with Oncologists.

1 comment:

b2bcontactlists said...

Very impressive article! The blog is highly informative and has answered all my questions.
To introduce about our company and the activities, B2B contactlist
is a database provider that helps you to boost your sales & grow your business through well-build oncologists mailing lists.