Thursday, May 28, 2015

May 28, 2015. Harper, Texas. Hockey Playoffs.

This year, the four teams left in the Stanley Cup Playoffs are all excellent. Ken commented the other evening that he had never seen such sustained, high quality play ever in his life. Even if a person was not a hockey fan, it would be worth watching some games just to see the expertise and skill on display. Both series are going to the 7th game, which is the first time in years that both the western and eastern championships are going to the full series. Ken and I have watched at least a part of every game and have thoroughly enjoyed them. The coaches are clever and imaginative and the players work hard. Some years, teams just get lucky and win a series and get into the semi finals with not much left to work with. But these four teams are all excellent teams in their different ways and deserve to be fighting for their league championships. Tomorrow evening, New York Rangers will play the Tampa Bay Lightning in their 7th game. An added interest to me is the coach of the Lightning. He is young and coaching in the NHL playoffs but he has not played a minute as a player in the NHL. This a first. During one early series, Ken and I were watching Detroit beat Tampa Bay and finally went to bed, knowing full well that Detroit would win that game and then go on to win the series. But we were wrong. The next morning, we discovered that Tampa Bay won that game and then went on to win the series. Now we will find out if they are up to one more game before they finally get to play in the Stanley Cup Championship. On Saturday, The Chicago Blackhawks will play the Anaheim Ducks in their 7th game. No telling how the game will turn out. I love to watch the Chicago style. Their team is fast and quick and clever. But I suspect that the Ducks will not be denied. I wonder what the Canadian fans will think if a California team plays a Florida team for the Stanley Cup. We might find out!!

1 comment:

Mostly Mosaics by Martha said...

It must be your Canadian Blood that makes you so enjoy hockey! I think, as kiddos, my brothers had hockey skates. Of course mine were figure skates -- my mother encouraged both my sister, Lucy, and I to continue after Sonja Henny! (Can you remember her?)
And, after my mother fell down the basement stairs after her stroke -- my dad put up railings on both sides of any and all stairs! So when Dale and I moved to our house in 2000, he immediately put railings on both sides of the stairs to the basement -- certainly proved to be quite necessary for me after my knee replacements and stroke! Everyone who comes to our house - loves the idea of railings on both sides of the stairs.
However, a week ago, I found that railings would have done no good in the garden! another fall onto my nose! (About my 4th onto my nose!) My good friend, Victoria Vierling (also an OTR), suggested I lead with my chest/bosums as they had more padding than my nose!
My do another theatre stint. I think it is to b a dignified, but totally insane, older woman in an asylum! Me thinks not a hard roll for me to play!!
Can you let me know if you get any of my comments? Or should I send them via email?
p.s. Please have follow-up comments go to:

msbbanks106@comcast.net