Friday, May 8, 2015

May 8, 2015. Harper, Texas. Neuropothy Nose.

I have a neuropothy nose. It drips all the time and I never know. I am sure it is not a pretty sight. Ken hands me a tissue without saying a word and I know I am supposed to wipe the drip from the end of my nose. A sense of humor is essential. I keep a tissue in the pocket of my shirt, which is the closest place to my nose and I keep wiping my nose but if I am distracted or concentrate on something, soon that drip lands on my magazine or on my plate. You have to laugh. The problem is the medication. My finger and toes, legs and arms are full of pins and needles. And they feel spongy too, which is why I am unstable. Even my face and scalp feel odd. As the chemotherapy continues, so does the neuropothy. My nose is the most obvious sign other than I walk with a walker. Just this moment, a drop landed on the desk, fortunately not on the keyboard. Ken has lots of symptoms of Parkinson's Disease, which includes excessive drooling from his mouth. We both laugh about it. With Ken drooling from his mouth and me dripping from my nose we are quite a sight. But we are still walking and talking along with the drooling and dripping. It could be worse. We might have lost our sense of humor!!

1 comment:

Mostly Mosaics by Martha said...

Ruth, several winters ago, I found a pattern to knit a nose warmer! What a hoot! I tried and tried and ended up rather mad about it all -- but, I know woman who is a knitter - and volunteers for Reins Of Life (horse back riding for handicapped kiddos). I gave her the instructions, the yarn, and the needles! She said they were great on cold mornings! Just a chuckle for you.