Sunday, May 24, 2015

May 23, 2015. Canyon Lake, Texas. Storms.

Even Texas people are sick of the rain. The lake is full. The water level is higher than we have seen in years, which makes everyone happy, except that the rains keep coming, and as this is Memorial weekend, everyone really wants the rain to stop. Friday night it rained. Starting at noon on Saturday, a succession of storms moved across the lake bring thunder and rain and wind. Where I sat on the couch, I could see the storms approaching. Then the storm would sweep across the lake, then subside. In the distance I could always see the light sky in the distance. But not for long. Soon another storm would arrive bringing more rain and wind. And it never stopped all day and night. A large storm swept across when we were watching the hockey game. The TV and the Internet disappeared. I felt sure the electricity would cease so I quickly put on my nightshirt and went to bed. I did not wish to be stranded in the office in the pitch black. The rain came down like cats and dogs, whatever that is. And it did not stop until 6:00 this morning. I had two flash flood warnings on my phone during the night. Fortunately, Suzanne, Sarah and Abigail made it home safely. They attended the school graduation last evening. Normally, the ceremony is held outside but of course, the rains drove them inside to the chapel. Unfortunately, they lost electricity. I have yet to find out how they managed. Today, the day is overcast. David is out in the Pokeboat getting some exercise. His ski boat moved across the cove during the storm last night. It had been pulled high up the shore. But the rain came and the wind blew. Fortunately, all is safe and sound. Big storms come to Texas. Now the good people of Texas are ready for sunshine.

No comments: