Friday, May 29, 2015

May 29, 2015. Harper, Texas. The Test.

Next week I will find the results of the test, when I meet with Dr. Stotz but until then, I must agree that that test was weird. I do not know if this was an old time test or if it is new but it was just weird. When Ken first saw the Neurologist, he mentioned that my legs were having problems so Dr. Stotz, our Neurologist who we like, suggested that he see me which he did. At that time, he suggested that I do a test in their office that checks the nerves and the connection of the nerves with the muscles. So I agreed. I lay on an examining table, and one of Dr. Stotz's sons Ronnie administered the test. He tests my arms, hands, legs and feet. He stimulated a spot and my muscles react and jump all over the place. For someone like me who likes to be in charge this is not a test I like, because I have no control as to when my muscles jerk. Eventually, the test ended. During the test, which takes over an hour, Ronnie and I talked. First we talk about me and where we live. He did comment that he would never want to live in Maryland due to the taxes and the business taxes. Then I ask him about his family and I discover he and his wife have 8 children. What fun. His comment to me was "What were we thinking?" His oldest child is in her second year of College in Texas while his youngest is 4 years old. He has a lot of college tuitions before he is finished. His wife teaches 8th grade at school too so she is a busy lady. The best part of the test was talking to Ronnie. Now next week I will have a meeting to evaluate my nerves and muscles and hope there is something that I can do to help my situation. I do not enjoy walking on sponges. And I am certainly not going to take that weird test again.

No comments: