Monday, May 18, 2015

May 18, 2015. Harper, Texas. A Kindly Deed.

Mostly I am cold, even if it is hot, so I have taken to wearing my vest. The vest is old and too big but I like it because I can put a jacket under the vest. The vest is red with the lining a dark gray fleece. The item of clothing is not gorgeous but it stays at the ranch and has been useful over the years. I often wear it in the car so when we went to Fredericksburg last week I wore it in the car. When we checked into the motel, I hung the vest in the closet as it had been raining. This morning, we were again driving into town and looked for my vest. I realized that I must have left my vest at the motel, so after our errands were completed, we drove to The Comfort Inn to see if they keep objects that are lost, even if they are ugly. As I walked into the lobby, the man behind the counter picked up my vest and handed it to me, and said, " I knew you would come back for it". Our name was attached to the vest with our room number. I thanked him for keeping track of the vest and for setting it aside until we appeared. For sure, this kindly deed will mean we will always stay at The Comfort Inn when staying overnight in Fredericksburg. By now, they call us by name and they always give us the room with all the hand grips in the shower. It has everything we need in a motel even though it costs only $75. A clean room and big towels along with kindly deeds will get our attention for sure.

No comments: