Friday, May 15, 2015

May 15, 2015. Harper, Texas. Marilyn and Richard.

I am rich with my friends. Marilyn and Richard are two of those treasured friends. Today they came from Houston to spend the day with us at the ranch. They brought lunch, Texas Barbecue, and they unloaded the dishwasher and loaded it up again. They looked after the whole kitchen. And we talked, catching up on the past few months and learning the parts of my situation that I don't put into my blog. In other words, we had fun talking and eating. By mid afternoon, they headed back to Houston while I took a nap. For some reason, I was not at my best and I don't know why. I stood up after lunch and needed Richard's strong arm to get me back to the couch. I actually thought I might faint, which would be the first for me. Ken and I were friends with Marilyn in Galveston when our children were small. Ken was a Fellow and Marilyn a Resident. We have been friends ever since but we have been long distance friends. Richard we met on our horse back riding trip in Alberta. They are good at visiting us and we are both skilled at keeping in touch. Until this summer, they have always spent summers in Colorado but that is finished now, so I was trying to convince them to spend August in Nova Scotia, where it is certainly not as hot as Houston. We will see if they appear. We hope they will come as the same people who live along the shore with us were also on the horse back riding trip. Both Ken and I enjoyed their visit. Now we look forward to our next visit which will be in Nova Scotia or in Texas, when we return in September. I hope to be in better condition during the next visit.

No comments: