Saturday, May 11, 2019

May 11, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Refrigerators.

In the garage in Nova Scotia is a refrigerator that is almost 40 years old. It works like a charm even though I know it is inefficient. In the kitchen is a newer fridge and has already needed to be repaired once due to leaking water. It is not new, perhaps 18 years old. On Thursday, I received an e mail saying that the kitchen fridge was not cooling and water was all over the floor. Everything in the freezer had melted and mold had formed in the interior. It was working fine last week, but now it is not working at all. I picked up the e mail at 2:00. The modern world is wonderful. I decided to replace both refrigerators. In years past, Sears would have been the company to call but they do longer have a presence in Liverpool. A company McPhersons has taken over the old Sears store and they sell appliances so I called them. They had one counter deep fridge so I bought it. Unfortunately it was stainless and a top of the line Fridgedaire so expensive. And I bought a simple Whirlpool fridge for the garage. Now the garage fridge will not leak. By 3:00, both appliances had been purchased and paid for. I am set for the summer. Now the company will need to contact Mary and Walt for access to haul away both old fridges and install the new ones. This is a wonderful world.

No comments: