Friday, May 31, 2019

May 31, 2019. Canyon Lake, Texas. Making the Bed.

Last night, I slept on Ken's side of the bed. I did it because I had slept on my side of the bed for a week so the sheets needed to be changed. But as I only slept on half of the sheets, I moved to the other side of the bed. It certainly made sense to me. When Suzanne is here on the weekend I will ask her to help me change the sheets. Making the bed is difficult for me. My fingers will not pull the fitted sheets down properly so for the last several years I have asked Christina to help. Or I struggled all by myself. Last year when Kashina was helping us, I asked her to help me, which she did. But soon she asked me to have her to it herself. "I can make the bed faster by myself." she said. And she was correct. She changes the bed every Sunday morning. Now I am cheating. I am sleeping on clean sheets which are on the other side of the bed where I slept last week. On Ken's side was a small bedside table with two drawers. He ordered and assembled it the last time we were here in 2017. His bedside table was a lovely piano bench but it did not have drawers. As I was going to bed last night on his side, I discovered that the drawers were full. Tomorrow I will take everything out and if valuable give the contents to David. I made a discovery sleeping on those clean sheets. Being lazy has rewards.

No comments: