Thursday, May 2, 2019

May 2, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Stupidity In Action.

I am always surprised when I do something that is just stupid. These things have happened to me all my life, but fortunately not very often. Once I went through a whole day using the wrong date on my calendar. Obviously, I missed several appointment but it took until late in the day until I figured it out. Just stupidity. Years ago I made two appointment for the same time period even though they were both written on my calendar. How could I have done that when I was looking right at the day book? Two appointments at exactly at the same time would be impossible. Fortunately I woke up but had some explaining and rescheduling to do. Last week I did another stupid thing. Fortunately in the middle of the night I figured out what I had done so I retrieved the letter from the postman. No harm was done. Wonderful Wendy filled in the form required to activate my benefits and she sent it into OPM along with the two required copies, the death certificate and our marriage license. It was being processed. But last Thursday I received a letter telling me to fill out the attached form. I thought it was additional information so I filled it out and attached the copies and put on a stamp. And left it for the postman the next day. In the middle of the night I decided that the form was the same so I called OPM to ask. My case was approved and yes, the form was the same so she urged me not to send a duplicate. So I retrieved the letter which now sits ready to put in the file. At the moment it serves as a reminder of my stupidity. Once again, I was kept humble. No one ever tells me about the stupid things they do so perhaps it is just me. I think it is kind of funny and I laugh at myself. But I certainly hope the incidents do not increase. Fortunately, I have done these things every so often over my life. Sometimes I just do not connect the dots. Odd I think.

No comments: