Sunday, May 19, 2019

May 19, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Update.

Kate begins work at Mississippi University Hospital on May 28. She was hired to work on the Cardiology floor. She will begin on the step down section. For three months she will have orientation. Fortunately, she will be able to go with the family to both Maine and Nova Scotia and will be gone for two weeks before returning for the rest of her orientation. Her RN exam will be held on June 6. As it is a comprehensive exam Kate is anxious. But I told her that she has done everything else in her life well so her exam will turn out well too. She will be pleased when the exam is behind her and her vacation in the north will soon arrive. My cruise line for May of 2020 is Pearl Seas Cruises. My ship is The Pearl Mist. I begin in Portland, Maine and end in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Ken and I went down the St. Lawrence River in August 1963 when we took a freighter cruise to help Ken recover from his surgery. We always wanted to take the trip up the river but we never made it back. I will do in next year. The pressure in my right eye is improving. The left remains fine at 12. After the surgery called needling, my right pressure was a 4, which is too low. Now it is 7 so improving. I will have my right eye refracted so I will have better vision in that eye. I will do it in Liverpool. On Wednesday early I fly to Texas. Nothing flies direct from Jackson so I fly to Houston, then San Antonio where I stay either with David and Suzanne or at the lake. On June 13 I fly to Halifax via Chicago. I will remain until Sept. 30 at Gull Bay, in Western Head. And thus ends the update of my life.

No comments: