Thursday, May 30, 2019

May 30, 2019. Canyon Lake, Texas. Alone At the Lake.

Tuppen, Marilyn and I talked about living alone. Marilyn suggested at one point that living alone has advantages which was the same thing that my friend Butch said to me. Marilyn spelled out lots of things that were easier for her since Richard died several years ago. Things like eating meals. Both when she eats and what she eats is all up to her. No discussions. And the television. They had one TV so often disagreement were raised as to what to watch. And her house stays tidy. Also where and when vacations are taken are all up to her. But what we all agreed was that we miss the discussions with our significant other. The men in our lives were interesting smart people and they brought to our table ideas they had read. For that there is no substitution. But we all read as much as possible and try to find our own new ideas. Now I have been living part time at the lake for 23 years. Now I am learning to live by myself. I had successfully learned to live happily in Mississippi but living here is different. When the Family is here everything seems the same as when Ken was alive. But by my myself is very different. I am using some of the same habits as in Mississippi. I read every morning. I walk every afternoon. I keep up with e mails. And I find something interesting on TV. The French Open Tennis is on now so I am watching a bit of it. And I watched two hockey games since I have been here. Saturday, the Family will come and David and the twins will stay over until Monday afternoon. My plan to stay at the lake included a visit here with Alice Anne but she had to cancel due to an ill dog. Robbie and Joyce are coming June 7. I am enjoying the lake. The temperature is perfect and I have settled in nicely. Everything works and my chargers are in place. Lyft works at the lake and Suzanne left me a great assortment of food. I have learned to enjoy myself at the lake which is a good thing. This is a lovely place to live.

No comments: