Monday, May 6, 2019

May 6, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Good News.

Good news is always welcome. Early this morning I had a PET scan. Next I had my vital signs taken and had blood drawn. Lastly. I went to see Dr. Sheehan, my Oncologist. Everything is a case of hurry up and wait. By the time I spoke to Dr. Sheehan, all results were before her. My scan was unchanged from three months ago which means I do not need to take cheno this summer. Good news indeed. And my blood work was normal. Every reading was within normal range, the first time ever. My white cells today were 8.1. When I returned from the Mississippi cruise when I was still on Ibrance my white cells were 2. So now I am healthy. I am quietly pleased. I know that one day the scans will once again not be so good. But for the moment, I am pleased. A friend asked son David about his Mother. He said, "She is great, especially since in the Fall of 2014 she was given 4 to 6 months to live". Modern medicine took over, along with good food, plenty of prayers and healing hugs to pull me through. I am grateful for this bit of good news today.

No comments: