Wednesday, May 22, 2019

May 22, 2019. San Antonio, Texas. Family.

You can not beat being with family. This evening we ate dinner together. David had smoked the pork chops over Easter. Suzanne cooked fried potatoes and broccoli and we dined like kings. I was happy to be back in Texas. Today everything went perfectly. Kashina took me to the airport early. The flight left Jackson on time. T got to my next flight with 20 minutes wait until boarding and I arrived in San Antonio early. David checks the flights and can get to the airport from his office in time for the person to get to the curb. So he pulled up just as I walked out the door. I am always astonished when everything works perfectly as planned. So here I am. David and I had lunch together at home eating last nights stir fried dinner, made by Suzanne. It was delicious. I slept while David went back to work. I sat outside enjoying the warmth while drinking my orange drink and patting Moose. One by one, family members appeared. We sat outside and retreated to the living room for appetizer of olives, cheese and apples. And more talking. Now we are all all watching softball on TV. I will go to bed early. I am delighted to be in Texas to see the family. And to see the two new large pieces of art David and Suzanne purchased since the last time we were here. I feel fortunate to be here. And I had no difficulty at all. Being here with the family is worth the journey

No comments: