Sunday, May 12, 2019

May 12, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. My Meals.

Often I would ask my Mother what she had eaten that evening for dinner. I suspected that she was not eating properly. My Mother was thin and worked full time. And she lived by herself. Her response was not encouraging. "I ate a fried egg sandwich," she would say. She often complained that cooking for one was not fun so she mostly did not cook much. Even though I now live by myself, I eat well. My system works perfectly so I eat healthy nourishing food. Dreisys, my Cuban cook, prepares my meals at her own home. Saturday morning she brings over the food in containers still warm. After a bit, I put the containers in the fridge. Last week is she brought the following: 1. White rice, cooked and flavored. 2. Beef cut into small bite sized pieces with a small amount of sauce. The meat was very center and succulent. 3. Fish in a light sauce, nicely flavored. 4. Green beans and squash cooked together and flavored nicely. 5. Lentil soup made with chunks of beef. I ate on that food all week and put a container of the soup into the freezer for when I return. My Mother should have had a cook like mine. I eat well every day and enjoy every bite. My meals are excellent thanks to my Cuban cook.

No comments: