Wednesday, May 15, 2019

May 15, 2019.Madison, Mississippi. The Christmas Party.

On the first Friday of December we have always hosted a pre Christmas party. The date coincides with my birthday so it is really my birthday party. But we don't tell anyone. Years ago we hosted a skating party at Wheaton Ice Rink. Then our close friends would come to our house for dinner. We have continued the custom in Mississippi by inviting our friends and their children for dinner. For several years we ate at a Mexican restaurant and for the past two years we held the party at the Yacht Club. But I do not like to do the same thing in a row so I have been thinking of what to do. Last year a New Mexican restaurant opened close to us on Old Canton Road. Ken and I ate lunch there last year and they told me that they had space for us to use for our party. But Kashina and I looked at the space last week and determined it would be too small. I decided on Drago's Seafood restaurant, next to the Hilton Hotel where David and Suzanne stay. I know it is too early to book a party for December but the good places fill up with the holiday parties so I know to book early. We are set for the party at Drago's on December 6, 2019. I have spoken to the director of catering and the room is reserved for us. When I return in October we will talk again and make decisions for the food. The restaurant is a New Orleans style restaurant and their menu looks attractive. I will select a buffet as it is much easier for the children. I am delighted to have this task done. Sunday our family will have lunch at Drago's so we can look at the room to be sure it is large enough. My job is half over. Selecting the food will be easy. Christina does the invitations which we send via e mail. I know it is early to book a Christmas party in May, but I am happy the selection is behind me. Whew.

No comments: