Tuesday, May 7, 2019

May 7, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Entertaining.

Success in life requires change. New normal behavior is always just around the corner. I now have a new system of entertaining. Last evening was a perfect example. For the past several weeks I have gotten to know the Morris family. The parents are Salvation Army officers, Divisional Commanders here. They are being transferred to Atlanta in June. We have had a good time together and now we all feel like friends. The two children are enthusiastic, energetic and smart. Before I leave Mississippi, I invited them out to dinner. This is now my official method of entertaining. I like it. No fuss or muss. No cooking or setting the table. Just select a restaurant, arrange a date and meet. And enjoy. Last evening I took Lyft to Ely's, the steak house in Ridgeland I went with Wendy and Ken, Christina and Molly. I thought the 17 year old son Andrew would enjoy a good steak in a fancy steakhouse. Our dinners were delicious, as was the conversation. We talked about Oklahoma University visit for Andrew, and Amanda's exploits as a brass band player. And we talked about the new position for the parents in Atlanta. But the best part was that we all five had lots of fun. And I did not have to do a thing, except pay the bill. It is my new style of entertaining. And I like it.

No comments: