Thursday, May 16, 2019

May 16, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. On A Roll.

On May 22, 2020, I will board a ship in Portland, Maine. The cruise will travel the coast of Nova Scotia, visit Newfoundland then go up the St. Lawrence River, stopping at all the important places and finally stopping at Toronto. But I stay on the ship because I cruise the Great Lakes and Georgian Bay, ending in Milwaukee on June 17 when I plan to fly to Nova Scotia. The cruise line has twelve singles cabins. Gill has been paying double for all her cruises so when I noticed that the cruises I was interested in had singles cabins I asked for a brochure. I discovered they have only 12 on each ship. I called the cruise line and the pleasant lady told me that singles cabins sell quickly. I really wanted to leave Halifax in the Fall to take in the Autumn trees but that would not work. We discussed all options and finally decided that the best cruise would be in the Spring. So I booked it and will do it all my myself. Ken and I had wanted to take that cruise so I am doing it on my own. Traveling by myself is difficult but on the ship I will be in a protected environment with lots of people to help. As Ken pointed out to me when I was traveling to Ontario for the family wedding in September, I am unstable on my feet and I have bad vision. But I had no trouble. And I will ask for help. I have gotten good at asking. So the cruise is booked, for good or ill. I hope there is heat in the cabins!!

No comments: