Saturday, September 10, 2022

September 10, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Local Food.

 Smoked salmon purchased in Nova Scotia tastes about the best in the world.  They use a light smoke so the salmon is not strong.  But it is delicious.  Today for lunch I ate the left over smoked salmon from when Beth and Ben were here.  And I was reminded once again just how good the Nova Scotian smoked salmon is.  I loved it.

Then there is the fish and chips.  They use a light batter and the fish is always fresh.  Every restaurant serves fish and chips and it is always good.  I always eat fish and chips at least once a season just to pay tribute to this Nova Scotia dish.  I know that other places in the world serve fish and chips.  But perhaps the Nova Scotia fish and chips is better.

And of course, the seafood chowder is good too but I have already written about it.  

Rappie pie is terrible so do not order it in a restaurant.  It is a gelatinous potato dish served with a bit of fish or meal.  It is an Acadian dish but I dod not like it.  You can also buy it in the grocery store but leave it on the shelves.

The best is the smoked salmon.  You can't beat it.

No comments: