Thursday, September 29, 2022

September 29, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Kind Deeds.

This morning, Walt and Mary stopped by to say goodbye and to have a little visit.  In addition, Mary brought me a container of seafood chowder.  Nothing speaks more of Nova Scotia than seafood chowder, so it was a wonderful send off for me.  And in the container were two meals so I ate a bowl for a late lunch and I saved the rest for lunch tomorrow, which I will eat just before I leave for the airport.   Mary made the chowder this morning just so she could bring some for me.

I could not even begin to count the number of kind deeds Mary and Walt have provided for me over the 23 years we have lived here.   They are always doing something kind for me from providing me information to preparing food.  This summer, it was well beyond the normal.  And I appreciated every kindness shown to me.  Today was just the peak.  To eat excellent chowder the last two days on leaving is to be almost in heaven.  And I am grateful for their friendship and their many kindnesses.  Some good.

No comments: