Sunday, September 25, 2022

September 24, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. After the Storm.

 Today at Gull Bay, the waves were gorgeous.  They were big and crashed onto the shore with a mighty roar.  But we had a wind from the northwest so as the waves broke, a large rooster tail sailed off the top of the wave.  It was beautiful.  And they just kept coming and coming.  Watching from the comfort of my living room was a special treat.

Our storm is over.  We on the south shore did well but further up the coast still has no power.  The most destruction occurred in Cape Breton and Newfoundland, where whole houses floated out to sea.  Our power went out in the middle of the night but all day we had power, which both surprised and pleased me. It rained all last night and we had high winds.  Today was overcast but no rain.  The tidal surges came right up to the top of the rocks beside me but the water never went over the top of the causeway wall.  Today the wind was too high for the surfers to venture out but I bet they will try their luck tomorrow.  I can still hear the waves crashing into the shore so I suspect the surf will be up tomorrow too.

Tomorrow I must return the flashlights to their proper place and let the water out of the tub.  Our storm Fiona is officially over.

No comments: