Saturday, September 17, 2022

September 17, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Propane Stove.

 The night got chilly in Western Head, Nova Scotia so this morning when I went down, I found a living room that was cold and uninviting.  But the propane stove did the job.  With a push of the thermostat, the stove burst into flame and immediately I felt better.  Soon the room was comfortable.  Our hot water heat is steady but is slow so I did not even turn it on.  The propane stove was my friend this morning.

Ken and I fell in love with gas fired fireplaces in Lake Tahoe.  Our time share was on the top of the mountain and after a day skiing, we returned to our apartment with cold cheeks.  But with a flip of the switch, the fireplace sprang to life.  It was magic.  We have installed gas fired stoves and fireplaces in every home we owned since we first discovered them, including Nova Scotia.

The only problem with them is they require both propane and a pilot light.  So often, when we had been away, the stove would not work.  Either the propane tank was empty of the pilot light had burnt out.  But I have gotten smarter.  Before I arrive in Nova Scotia I have the serviceman come and check the system before I arrive.  Sometimes, there is a broken part in need of replacement.  Nothing worse than turning on the propane stove only to find no response.  Now, all summer, my stove has worked like a charm.  It certainly made me comfortable this morning.

No comments: