Tuesday, September 13, 2022

September 13, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Beeping in the Kitchen.

The beeping began at 2:00 just as I was preparing lunch.  I searched everywhere and could not find the source.  Even Wendy and Clausen, when they stopped over, could not find the irritating beeps.  So I ignored it.  But finally I called George and he came right over, even though it was Sunday afternoon at 5:00.

It took him three minutes to turn off the beeping.  I could have opened the drawer to find the probe myself but I did not.  He told me that his hearing aids helped him because they pin point the source of the beeps.  He would accept no money.  "I was helping a friend", said George, who is our builder.  But I did feel badly because he and Shiela had been sitting by the river enjoying the evening cool.

So on Monday, Anna and I stopped by his house to give him a birthday card with some cash.  He could not refuse a birthday gift.  Today I received an e mail telling me that the best part of the note was the kind words.  Now that is why we like George!!

No comments: